Person Centred Care – Including Personal Care
Price: From £79pp.
Duration: Courses vary from 3 to 6 hours.
This course will teach the candidate how to effectively deliver person-centred care and will explain the principles of person-centred care set out by the Health Foundation. The course will also explain why tailoring your care to a person’s individual wants and needs is important, and how it benefits your healthcare setting as a whole. When the candidate completes the course, they will know how to help service users take part in decision-making processes, how to deliver day-to-day personalised care, and how to ensure care plans cover all the patient’s needs.
The training courses are taught face to face, so the learner can either take the course at our premises or we will arrange to come out to you.
- Face washing
- Fingernail trim/clean
- Putting cream on
- Checking for pressure sores
- Checking for cracks or broken skin
- Checking for any abnormalities such as oedema (fluid retention)
- Helping to feed and drink
- Blowing noses
- Perfumes and deodorant – Make Up – Jewellery
- Hair washing
- Hair styling
- Meal preparation
- Understand what person-centred care means and why it is important
- Know what pieces of legislation relate to person-centred care, particularly the Health and Social Care Act
- Recognise the importance of keeping records, storing information in accordance with data protection law, and acquiring consent from patients.
Courses vary from 3 to 6 hours.
The courses are face to face. Learners can come to our premises or we can visit you.
Upon completion of the course, you will receive a signed certificate.
All courses start from £79pp.
Call us on 01727 572186 or email us on email@example.com if you would like more information on this course.