Administration of Medication
Price: From £60pp.
Duration: Courses vary from 3 to 6 hours.
This course has been developed to support a learner to practice the administration of medication. Learners will attend the course, covering a range of topics including ordering, receiving, and disposing of medicines, record keeping and discharging from hospital. The courses are face to face, so the learner will either visit our premises or we will arrange to come out to you.
- Ordering, receiving, storage and disposing of medicines
- Responsibilities of the Care practitioner
- Capacity and Consent
- Training and Competency
- Covert Medication
- Removal from Original Packaging
- Monitored Dosage System
- Anticoagulant Medication
- As required medication, also known as PRN
- Controlled Drugs
- Medications outside the responsibility of care practitioners
- Changes in Medication
- Discharge from hospital
- Verbal instructions to change medication or doses
- Disposal of Medicines
- Record Keeping
- Mistakes and Errors
- Frequency of medication and routes of administration
- Signs to look out for with an adverse reaction to medication
- When medication is refused
- 6 Rights
- State the importance of ordering, receiving, storing and disposing of medication
- Be able to demonstrate training, competency and verbal instructions to change medication or doses
- List associated side effects of the administered medication
Courses vary from 3 to 6 hours.
The courses are face to face. Learners can come to our premises or we can visit you.
Upon completion of the course, you will receive a signed certificate.
All courses start from £60pp.
Call us on 01707 386140 or email us on [email protected] if you would like more information on this course.