Price: From £79pp.
Duration: Courses vary from 3 to 6 hours.
Increase your awareness and understanding of Parkinson’s disease with a training course from Study Room Training. The course will explain what Parkinson’s disease is, what the main symptoms are and ways to improve quality of life. The course will also outline the causes of Parkinson’s, the signs and symptoms of the disease and the treatment options available.
This course can be taught at the Study Room Training facilities, or we can arrange to come out to you.
- What is Parkinson’s Disease?
- Signs and symptoms
- Common associated problems
- Risk of Falls
- Behavioural changes
- Communicating with a Service User with Parkinson’s Disease
- Supporting an individual to undertake their daily activities and fulfil their needs
- Improving quality of life
- Common medications used and importance of getting it right
- Common symptoms including ‘freezing’, hallucinations and impulse control problems
- Candidates will be able to recognise the common signs, symptoms and progression of Parkinson’s
- Understand the processes, procedures, methods and techniques used to manage Parkinson’s
- Understand the issues and side effects commonly associated with Parkinson’s medication
Courses vary from 3 to 6 hours.
The courses are face to face. Learners can come to our premises or we can visit you.
Upon completion of the course, you will receive a signed certificate.
All courses start from £79pp.
Call us on 01727 572186 or email us on firstname.lastname@example.org if you would like more information on this course.