Moving and Handling People – for Health & Social Care
Moving and Handling of People Training for Carers and anyone working in Health and Social Care will benefit doing this course.
We train the trainers of moving and handling as well.
Moving and positioning of people:
Duration: Courses vary from 3 to 6 hours.
This Moving and Handling course will train the candidate to Move and position people safely to reduce the risk of injury to staff and Service Users.
This course would benefit Nurses, Teachers, Care Staff and anyone who works with people who need assistance, from supportive walking to nursing care.
This course is also available for families and friends who support their ones at home. We can come to you in your own home to show you how to support your loved one and limit the risk of injury to yourself and to them.
The courses at Study Room Training are face to face, so the learner can either take part at our premises or we will arrange to come out to you.
- Current legislation explained
- Employer’s responsibility
- Employee’s responsibilities
- Anatomy and physiology of the spine
- Principles of effective movement (practical exercises)
- Effective communication
- Risk assessments
- Understand the basic legislation of the manual handling operations regulations 1992, and the employer and employee duties of these
- Understand the hazards associated with manual handling, common back injuries and appropriate back care
- Learn and demonstrate safer people handling techniques
Courses vary from 3 to 6 hours.
The courses are face to face. Learners can come to our premises or we can visit you.
Upon completion of the course, you will receive a signed certificate.
Moving and Handling Course for Health and Social Care staff from £85pp.
Call us on 01727 572186 or email us on firstname.lastname@example.org if you would like more information on this course.
You are here:
- moving and handling of people training
- manual handling courses
- workplace safety training
- health and safety training
- risk assessment training
- lifting techniques training
- ergonomics training
- workplace safety courses
- health and safety courses
- risk assessment courses
- lifting techniques courses
- ergonomics courses