Nutrition & Hydration
Price: From £60pp.
Duration: Courses vary from 3 to 6 hours.
A nutrition and hydration training course will give the candidate an understanding of good practice to promote the health and wellbeing of individuals. The training course will cover a variety of topics to provide you knowledge on vitamins and minerals, supplements, eating aids, medical conditions and diet management.
The nutrition and hydration training course will take place at the Study Room Training premises or we can arrange to come out to you.
- What are nutritional needs?
- How to provide a Healthy diet
- Types of food supplements
- How to assess for Hydration and Nutritional needs
- What is malnutrition? How can we recognise it?
- What is dehydration? How can we recognise it?
- Responsibilities of the Care Practitioner
- Effects of Long term Nutrition deficiencies
- Physical, psychological and social implications
- Supporting someone to eat and drink
- Daily nutritional requirements
- Gastronomy feeding (PEG)
- Risk Assessing
- Know what constitutes a healthy diet
- Knowledge to understand the signs of malnutrition and dehydration and be equipped to use preventative steps
- Improve awareness of healthy eating and help others to make more informed choices with regards to a balanced diet
Courses vary from 3 to 6 hours.
The courses are face to face. Learners can come to our premises or we can visit you.
Upon completion of the course, you will receive a signed certificate.
All courses start from £60pp.
Call us on 01707 386140 or email us on firstname.lastname@example.org if you would like more information on this course.